Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meeting people from all over

You know what I like about this blog? The fact that I get to 'meet' so many people from around the world. Someone wrote from Israel - a very nice lady who is having an issue with fleas on the community cats in her yard. She wants to get them TNRed and wants to clean the area up before the cats are returned. It's so nice to see people who do not want the cats killed even if they are facing issues. Also, I think it shows that they realise that killing is not the solution - and that can be better, more humane alternatives.

Fortunately, there is a welfare group in Israel and I had emailed one of the members in the past. I was able to link the two up via email. Often we bemoan how technology has robbed us of human interaction, but we sometimes forget how it also makes connections possible that would never have been possible before.

2 comments:

Brad Farless said...

I love technology. It helps me stay in touch with my family in the US at low or no cost (internet calls) while I'm living abroad. I would say it's enabling human interaction, rather than reducing it.

On the other hand, I do think people are losing the finer points of real conversation. It's also creating an information deluge that makes people only want in-your-face action. Attention spans are shortening...

Well, I guess there's good and bad...

Dawn said...

As with everything else I guess!