Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dogs smarter than cats?

What do you think of this article? I think that the fact that cats refuse to be tested might show that THEY are actually smarter :) Seriously though, I think it's comparing apples and oranges. Dogs tend to want to please - and therefore may be more willing to take a test. However I had a dog that always wanted to see what the 'reward' was before he did anything - and cats that are very eager to please. I guess at the end of the day, every animal is different!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dogs and cats are created differently. I have cats and dogs and they are all highly intelligent and wonderful. I find cats gorgeous, mysterious and divine, they are my soul mates. Whoever thinks dogs are smarter, knows nothing about cats.

ethantan said...

I don't think this is a fair assessment. Dogs and cats have totally different temperament and personalities. One can conclude that cats are smarter by not conforming to human's standard tests ;)

Dawn said...

I tend to agree with you eslina!

Anonymous said...

Dogs conform to human standards by sitting and getting rewards (food). Cats do not conform and get food served to them. Both are smart.