Monday, August 11, 2008

Geese on field


Geese on field, originally uploaded by dawnkua.

At the moment I'm living in the country, and it's amazing how many birds you see out here (including wild rabbits, badgers, etc). I've been fascinated by the Canadian geese that I see flying overhead morning and evening and that are in the field down the road from where I live.

I found that they can be a nuisance to some, or that they can be hurt when they come into contact with aircraft, etc. Here's an ingenious way to stop the birds from getting into those areas without killing/harming them. I also like that rescue dogs are often used.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to enjoy such greenery! :p

Dawn said...

I am enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

Just wondering....
If that is my field, wah...got to get grass cut.
If field is not owned (there must be stretches of land not owned), who cuts the grass since there are no foreign workers (to pick up after you) around ?

Dawn said...

The field isn't owned as far as I know and it's just left alone basically to grow. Winter takes care of it I reckon.