Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cats to be removed?

Someone just wrote about three cats at a condominium, all sterilised, that are in danger of being removed. The caregiver there had made contact with the chairperson whom I had spoken with last year. Unfortunately the chairperson didn't seem very convinced but did back off when the caregiver spoke with him. The caregiver is currently away and now the cats are in jeopardy again. It seems that someone complained that they had defecated in the carpark - which of course could be dealt with. Another resident wrote to say that the chairperson won't meet with her but has asked that she put all the comments she has down in writing.

I've been by and the cats are sterilised and there are only three of them -I do hope that the condo won't remove the cats but will work with the caregivers to allow them to stay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we be happy if we cannot even tolerate the presence of 3 sterilised cats! Amidst the wealth of a condo living!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, sorry i have to write here but i would appreciate if i could have some advice.
I received a complaint about 3 cats defacating and urine on the upper floors. No one claim they are their pets but i see with my own eyes the cats went into their units. I asked why did they let the cats in since they are strays. They said they are muslims and so have to let the cat go in if they like. They said they have no choice if the TC trap and kills the cats. I feel so sad for the cats. I have been there many times, luring the cats down with food and spraying vinegar at the units but still the cats go up...

Dawn said...

Hi Anonymous how about dropping me an email at the email address here?

Anonymous said...

I think many of us face the same problems with some muslim owners. They just don't care if their cats are caught and killed!
I just cannot comprehend how they can loudly proclaim "oh sayang kucings" but they are the source of most of the problems in HDB jeopardising other cats as well.

Dawn said...

To be fair, as you said, it's not all Muslims. It's more a problem of irresponsible owners as a while.